20 Facts You Didn't Know About Bill Gates.

Bill Gates | IMQFT | Wisdom Fighters


Like many other successful tech entrepreneurs, Bill Gates was a college dropout. He left Harvard University in 1975 to fully devote himself to Microsoft. Read some interesting facts about Bill Gates.


1. Bill Gates hacked his school computers, he reportedly wrote the class scheduling program himself and added a feature that would place him in classes with mostly female students.

2. Gates says if Microsoft hadn't worked out, he probably would've been a researcher for artificial intelligence.

3. Gates scored a 1590 out of 1600 on his SATs.

4. The private school he attended as a child was one of the only schools in the US with a computer. The first program he ever used was a tic-tac-toe game.




5. Bill has promised to donate 95% of his wealth to charitable causes, leaving his children with a mere 5% of his wealth.

6. Bill almost achieved his goal of being a millionaire by the age of 30. He became a millionaire at 31.

7. Gates was arrested in 1977 for driving without a license in New Mexico.

8. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates had a complex relationship. Jobs once kept Gates waiting for an hour out of spite.

9. Bill Gates is very active on Twitter but not on Facebook, despite Mark Zuckerberg and he reportedly getting along well. The main reason he cites for his absence from the social network? "The friend requests got out of hand…"

10. If Bill Gates was a country; he would be the 37th richest country on earth. His wealth rival that of 40 countries put together, and not 140 countries like some people has been led to believe.

11. Bill Gates loves travelling and visits India almost every year for the upliftment of the poor.

12. At 17, Gates sold his first computer program, a timetable system for his high school for which he pocketed a $4,200.




13. In an interview, Gates conceded that Control-Alt-Delete key combination to log into a PC was a mistake.

14. He paid $30.1 million at an auction in 1994 for the Codex Leichester, a collection of writing by Leonardo Da Vinci.

15. Towards the end of his life, Steve Jobs reportedly kept a letter from Bill Gates near his bed.

16. Through his foundation, Gates has donated over $28 billion, the largest volume of capital ever mainlined to charity.

17. Gates pays almost $1 million in property taxes for his home, a magnificent house overlooking Lake Washington that is estimated to be worth $125 million.

18. Gates wife and children are not allowed to own or use an Apple product. A restriction was also put in place by Steve Balmer for his family.

19. Gates is an avid Porsche collector. His collection includes a Porsche 911 convertible and a '88 Porsche 959 Coupe.

20. Gates doesn't know any foreign languages.